Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Black Hole

Sometimes I feel like the more I do for my son, then more he sucks out of me.

It's been a bad day.

Or should I say a bad week.

Oh heck, it's been just a bad start to the year.

I really thought we were getting somewhere with moving his testing up, adjusting his interventions and now finding out that he is on the Autism Spectrum which should, in theory, open more doors for him.

I had high hopes that he could hold it together.

I was wrong.

The reports I am getting now are really not good.  He's becoming violent and disrespectful.  Today at recess he spit on one kid and choked and punched another.  In gym class yesterday, he totally disregarded the rules and was extremely disrespectful to his teacher. Ay ya ya!

Now, as his mom, I KNOW this isn't who my kid is.  But this is who he becomes when his stress levels are so high.  Last year he punched a kid in the hall but once we changed his placement and got him in the right classroom, everything stopped and he did great

My big worry is that if he keeps this up, he will be placed in a classroom for emotionally and behaviorally disturbed kids.  Though if he can't control himself at school, maybe he belongs there.

I just don't know what to do right now.  The school hasn't gotten back to me yet about anything I have shared with them in the last 5 days, from the bullying, to the stealing to the Autism Diagnosis. I feel like I'm waiting and watching the world implode around my son.

God, give me strength.

No comments: