Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Something



We just got back from Micah's EEG. He really did great considering he hates having people touch his head. He didn't nap long yesterday and then was up a bit late last night. Then we woke him up early (6am) and sent him to school with instructions to the teachers to "wear him out." What we got back was a very tired boy who, desite the strange circumstances, fell asleep during the test. It was just what we needed so they could look for whatever may be happening.
They saw something.
The technician couldn't tell us what and I don't even know that she was allowed to tel us that she saw anything. But she did say she saw numerous periods of abnormal activity that didn't coincide with his sleep pattern.
So, it looks like our prayers for clarity have been answered. We wanted something found if there was something to be found. Next step is a meeting with our peditrician on Tuesday afternoon who will likely refer us to a neurologist.  I'll keep everyone posted.

I will say that I seem to have found that peace that surpasses all understanding and I am seriously relying on God to keep me sane right now.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: