Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Update on Micah

Today was our much anticipated appointment with our pediatrician.  The official word on the EEG is that it came back normal.  However, they had noted something that I can't pronounce (and therefore spell)  that occurred between his changes in sleep patterns, which our doctor couldn't explain either.  She also noted that there was no other medical reason for these spells.

I did ask if it could be that he is just a scattered or spacey kid, which she felt might be the issue, although unlikely.  On the plus side, she said that if we find out these are absence seizures that it is one of the easiest forms of epilepsy to have and the one most grown out of.  Still, I'm hoping for nothing.

So, it's off to a neurologist now.  I don't know yet when, but I will update as we learn more.

No comments: