Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Those Stellar Parenting Moments

Today is grocery day and Hannah was my loyal helper.  To start, let's say that I am very picky about what foods I buy and what they are made with.   I have strong opinions on processed foods in general and work hard to make sure that what goes in my children's bellies is good for them. That said, here comes the story.

I'm standing in the snack aisle, reading the ingredients on a box of organic animal crackers while my daughter peruses the surrounding items.  Hannah was holding a box of Chocolate Teddy Grahams which I had already told her we were not buying.

Hannah:  Mommy, can we get these?  

Me: No, those things are full of crap!

Hannah, picking up another box, deadpanned: Are these full of crap too?

Ugh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good one on Those Stellar Parenting Moments - it helps a lot!

We clearly share similar parenting experiences and views.
I've been reading one that I'm hooked on - http://todayscliche.com/.
I have a feeling you'd get a lot out of it.

Incredible job on your blog; keep it up.

Thanks,
peter