Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Roller Coaster of My Day (Part 2)

You didn't think it ended with getting kids from school, did you?

Micah was none to happy to be dragged back out again.  And I don't blame him.  Although we now knew what was wrong, it'd be another 24 hours before he felt well (or more as we are on hour 24 while I write this).  Plus, he was tired and needed a nap.  Something that just wasn't happening that day.

So, off we went for the school pick-ups.  I was the very last car in the line at Jason's school.  He's gotten used to this although I always feel badly.  Now in the car, he starts chattering away about his day and we drive off to pick up Hannah and her friend, T.  A quick stop at the pharmacy to drop off Micah's prescription and we're off to drop off T.

Here I learned that earlier in the day when they were driving Hannah to pick up their son before school, Hannah shared with T's dad her newfound knowledge concerning babies.

"Did you know that babies come out of VAGINAS?  VAGINA is a silly word.  Isn't it? VAGINA, VAGINA, VAGINA!"

Apparently, we need to cover private parts being private words too.  Oy!

Home again for a quick snack and for Jason to practice his recorder.  (As excited as I am that he is showing an interest in an instrument, did it have to be one so annoying? I think I now understand why my parents were thrilled when I quit the violin.)

Back in the car for a run down to Jason's occupational therapy.  It's the second day of his evaluation and on the way down, I realized I didn't have my parent score sheet.  Ugh.  Too late to turn back, I have his therapist give me a new one to fill out while we wait.

Jason's OT is in the same OT gym that Micah's class used last year.  This made Micah MAD and Hannah thrilled to be reunited with the toys she played with so much while we waited last year.  By now my head was pounding and Micah's wails of distress didn't help.  I so get that he was over-tired and sick, but there wasn't anything else I could do.

Thankfully, one of Micah's old teachers was setting up for tomorrow's class which stopped the tears.  Micah ran over and gave her a big hug.

"I have missed you ALL DAY LONG!"

I love a 3yo's concept of time.  Miss L was thrilled to see Micah and was super impressed with how well his speech has continued to progress since school ended last year.  Off she went and Micah was sufficiently distracted that he forgot his tears enough to play house with Hannah while I filled out my forgotten form.

Finally, the form was completed and Jason was done.  A quick review of the session with Miss J while I tried to keep my kids from bouncing off the walls in the waiting area and we left.

Ah, rush hour traffic...what a joy.

The kids were hungry and crank and so was I.  I pulled in the driveway, handed they kids off to their dad, declared I didn't want to talk to or see anyone, including him, for the next 30 minutes and disappeared into my bedroom.

They gave me an hour because apparently I had THAT look.

It was a LONG day and thankfully it is over and we are onto a new, much better one.

No comments: